4 Ingredient Spaghetti Squash Boats
Oh, friends! You know when something just comes together so perfectly you just can't stop won't stop?! Introducing my new found love for spaghetti squash. Where comfort foods can now exist with 1/2 the guilt? Yes, please sign me up! Now I do have one bone to pick with my new squash friend -- WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO CUT OPEN? Be prepared for a little sweat above your brow as you furiously attempt cutting this guy open. Other than that, this squash is my bestie.
Now for the really good news - this glorious meal is only FOUR ingredients. FOUR! You heard me. All you need is a spaghetti squash, organic low sodium marinara (you can buy whatever you want for marinara, but I always get a low sodium option -under 200 mg's - because salt is not my friend and I can always add more salt if i need to), lean ground turkey, and cheese. Now before you kill me for telling a white lie, you also need olive oil, salt & pepper, and garlic powder -- but those are pantry staples that you should have already!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut the squash in half - beware (worth it!)
3. On both sides, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and evenly coat the spices all over the inside of the squash
4. Flip the squash over on the inside side down and bake for 35-40 mins. Take out and let cool so you can touch it.
5. Over medium heat, cook the ground turkey. Once cooked through, pour of the jar of marinara over it and let simmer.
6. Once cooled, grab two forks to pull the squash into noodle like shapes. Leave about 1/2 in inside the boat to keep it together.
7. Take the forked out squash and place inside the skillet with the meat and sauce and combine.
8. With a spoon, spoon the mixture back inside the squash until it meets the brim of the boat.
7. Top the boats with your desired amount of cheese! You can do as little or as much as you want or leave the cheese out completely!
1. 1 Spaghetti Squash
2. 1 jar of marinara (low sodium organic if possible)
3. 1/4 cup of mozzarella (part skim low moisture)
4. 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
5. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
6. 1/2 tsp of both salt, pepper, garlic powder spread evenly on the squash.