Easy Iced Coffee at Home
Happy Friday, friends! I hope everyone is gearing up for a fun and restful weekend ahead. I am heading to Greenville, SC to see college friends, host a baby shower, and all sorts of other fun things. I am trying to squeeze as many people and do as many fun things before my hubby gets home.
Speaking of Daniel, we haven't been able to talk much at all, and now not at all during his training, so today's post is dedicated to him and his love for iced coffee.
My guy loves himself some iced coffee. Smooth, vanilla, creamy, all the things. He is addicted!
Since he heads to work around 5am every day, he is usually in need of a little boost to get the day started. Most places aren't open that early, nor does he have time, so I decided to get creative. I talked to the girls at our favorite coffee shop in town (Way Station Coffee Co) to get the basic idea on how to make iced coffee at home for Daniel to take to work. While it's not as good as the coffee shop kind (because let's be real, it's awesome when someone does all the work for you), Daniel loves the kind at home, and it gets the job done.
Also, can we all collectively agree that coffee shops should do COFFEE ICED CUBES? How much of a game changer would it be to not have watery coffee by the end of the glass, right? I decided to buy these silicone iced cube trays to make these at home. Sometimes we just have to take matters into our own hands, amen!?
Ingredients for a 12 Cup Coffee Pot Amount:
- 3/4 cup (12-13 tbsp) of coarsely ground coffee
- 12 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Optional Milk: 1/2 and 1/2 or nondairy milk
- Optional syrups: vanilla, hazelnut, etc.
- Pour 12 cups of filtered water into your coffee pot
- Place the coffee grounds in the coffee pot where they will be filtered
- Turn coffee pot on, and wait until fully brewed
- Pour 1 cup of ice cubes into a pitcher, and pour hot coffee over them (the purpose is for them to slightly dilute the strong coffee)
- Place in refrigerator until chilled
- Serve as desired with milk and syrup
Directions for Coffee Ice Cubes:
- Pour some of the coffee in the pitcher into an ice cube tray and freeze until frozen
I hope each of you have a restful weekend full of sunshine, and lots and lots of iced coffee :)